Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The book just whizzed by so fast I couldn't blink, so I wrote a short review.

I'm not even brave enough to illegally download music. My major in undergrad was criminal justice (and anthropology)...Crime and the people who commit it and the people who try to stop it all fascinate me. This book enthralled me completely.

Beat the Reaper: A Novel Beat the Reaper: A Novel by Josh Bazell


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Peter is a doctor. He's also a former mob-hitman turned informant who is having one hell of a bad day.

When reviews say that something is a fast-paced thrill ride, they should use this book as a platonic ideal. So gruesome it is hard to read in parts, but mostly filled with brilliant action and dialogue and a story that races from past to present moment at breakneck speed.


View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment