Monday, January 4, 2010

Awkward* Reading in Twenty Ten

More of this.

  • Nonfiction.

  • Graphic Novels.

  • High Fantasy.

  • Bestsellers and book club choices.

  • Essays, articles, books, blogs on writing by writers.

  • Audiobooks. This is one area of my own RA and everyone else's where I have trouble. I know what I like when I hear it but very often it takes a special book to draw me in and keep me listening and that is hard to find.



Less of this.

  • Superhero stories, until someone does something that really surprises me like "Hero" by Perry Moore did.

  • Comfortable fluffy reads (for emergency use only.)

  • Bizarrely addictive blogs where people laud appalling behavior. (I think you know what I mean.)

  • TV. Seriously way too much of my reading time goes to the evil USA and TBS crime drama marathon monster.

  • Blogs about publishing. Why do I obsess about how to write a query letter when I haven't even written anything worth inquiring about?




*The reading itself isn't awkward, but as usual, I am.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of bullet-points, so the list is not awkward to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete