Saturday, May 31, 2008

YA book awards

I know it is impossible to read every book ever written, but it is possible to keep up a little with some booklists published by the ALA. I don't believe the ALA is the end-all be-all in book selection. Committees can be more hindrance than help when it comes to finding literature other people want to read, but I do look to them to always know what is coming out and have already whittled that huge number into a more manageable list.

Anyway, I may not review every single thing I'm reading on those lists here, but I will be writing mini-reviews as I read on my LibraryThing page.
You are welcome.

Oh and this is neither here nor there, but if I were going to review a place to go it would be the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis, MO. It is beautiful and above all, interesting. I took most of these pictures there. And evidently gas prices are cheaper in St.Louis than anywhere else in the country:

No comments:

Post a Comment