Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Readalike.org

So, my time in library school is drawing to a close and I am reflecting on what classes have taught me the most that I'm actually going to use. Readers' Advisory is one of those classes (do you see this blog? what do you think I'm trying to do here? oh yeah.)
I just wanted to highlight a resource that I currently take a lot of advantage of, partially because I'm a contributor, but also because I know that in addition to reviews, booklists, and bookmarks there is also a comprehensive list of other readers advisory resources by genre. Joyce Saricks even sent the creator and maintainer of this website an email commending the work. I'll put the link on the "links list" as well, but for general purposes, let's just note that readalike.org is a good place to go for all your SLIS reading group and other readers' advisory needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment